Saturday, July 14, 2012

Well, when all else fails, bring in the pro...

I gave up. 
Between trying to NOT get laid off
and trying to keep my Shaklee business going...
I could not focus on what to do in my dining room
...like at all.

I would look at Tara's posts about her new house
and think, dang it, what is wrong with me?
We've been in the house 2 years and still moving 
at a snail's pace.

Tara, btw, you have over-achiever's syndrome.  
....or maybe i'm just lazy.

Yea, probably the latter. 

Anyway, where was I?
Oh, yea, my dining room.

Yea...I gave up.
 And my usual back up, dear step-daughter, 
you know, the one working on her design degree at FSU?
The one that has some kick-butt ideas
and could totally do this for me?
Yea, she's got like a life now.
Boyfriend, job, summer school 
not to mention sitting on some board of directors for dance marathon.
I mean, how dare her. 

So, i emailed Holly.
I think I first fell in love with Holly's style almost 10 years ago
through either the Great Impressions web board
or Southern Living message board.  
I can't remember.  
What i do remember is she had this entire RL/cottage/classic vibe
that i was in love with.
and i remember some small antlers sticking out of the top of her Christmas Tree
serously, you would have to have seen it, it was AWESOME.
 

We emailed back and forth a few times, i gave her some input on 
what i was seeing that i loved (here and here)
and asked her to help me marry the
ideas together.

And she came up with some awesome ideas...
and...I'm off to get started.
With Holly's number safely saved to speed dial :)


 


2 comments:

  1. How cool. Love Holly and her flawless taste. Plus, she is a Texas girl so that never hurts. And I do agree that Tara is a cut above the rest of us. And she home schools. Total rockstar. I am excited to see what you do with the place. Pretty soon I'm going to be seeing all your good stuff on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay....you're a little bit right...I have been known to be a little bit of an over-achiever.
    But, most of the stuff you see is all stuff we have had, so all I had to do was figure out where I was going to place it.

    It's easy to get "stuck" in a room...trust me. I'm there in our bedroom. :)) And, in my daughter's room. :) and in my bathroom. :) and in my kids' bathroom. :)

    okay...if you're wanting some bird prints like you have shown up top, you need to go to art.com and look for michael chad barrett. he is a friend of mine from high school, and he is the most amazing artist. art.com has his prints. I got 8 1/2 X 11 prints of his birds and then got mattes made for an 11 X 17 frame...they look really great. I think his bird prints are under $12 per print. VERY AFFORDABLE. His work has been featured in southern living homes....

    was that a great commercial or what?

    btw...I have some in my family room and then i also have some butterfly prints in my bedroom, and I just LOVE them.

    I can't wait to see how your room turns out! Holly is a wonderful designer!

    ReplyDelete