Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Coastal Christmas

    Coastal Living

I was born here. 

A sunshine state baby, while my parents and all of the rest of my family hail from Virginia. 

The love the Blue Ridge mountains, while i love the blue water.  They can keep their mountains (it's a nice place to visit as the saying goes) but i will keep my beach.  And i can think of nothing prettier than a low country town decorated up for the holidays.

    Coastal Living

 I will take Savannah, Tybee, St. Simons, or Charleston.  I will use shells and sand coral while they decorate with snow and icicles.

       Completely Coastal

Thinking about a couple of different ideas.  Using my black PB lanterns from Homegoods on the front      porch, with my starfish and some evergreen.

Maybe move the pre-lit dining room tree to the lanai and put a live evergreen in a galvanized pot in it's place and decorate with some burlap and starfish and shells and i'm thinking feathers.  Is that crazy? Is burlap overdone? I'm thinking pheasant feathers - natural colors like creams, browns, sages.....not sure yet. 

Anyway, off to bed.  We're still in Tallahassee for the holiday. Heading home in the morning.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend girls :)




      

4 comments:

  1. Sheri,
    Just found your blog and love it! I decorate with shells all summer but never thought about using them at xmas. Loved the pics. I am your newest follower and would love for you to visit and follow me at walnutandvine.blogspot.com. I will be checking in often! Have you seen the blog locationcentral.blogspot.com? It's a great idea, check it out.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri,

    When I saw the first picture, I thought it was your hallway!

    Thought you'd like to know! Hope you're having the loveliest of weekends.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty pics. I'm about as landlocked as they come here in north Texas, but I do have shells in the kid's bathroom.
    Love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fabulous images. I love to see the coastal influence in Christmas decorations.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete