Saturday, September 4, 2010

Am i twirling or spinning?



For you writers out there.... you know when you have a million different thoughts buzzing around in your head - or maybe it's the same thought coming at you from a hundred different directions ...  but you want to get it out...so you start writing it, and then you stop.  Because it's rambled, and it doesn't make sense on the screen even though you know what you want to say, and darn it, why can't my thoughts just JUMP into order already, i mean it's 7am, I've been sitting at this computer with my coffee for well over an hour.  GAH...my coffee's cold, I should have put this in the tumbler, not my favorite coffee cup...what IS that on the side of this cup?? Didn't i get this out of the dishwasher...why does it smell like pickles...ok WHO FORGOT TO TURN ON THE DISHWASHER AFTER DINNER LAST NIGHT.......   and so it goes.

Sidetracked. again.  I get this way when I'm conflicted and I really get this way when I'm about to write what it is I'm conflicted about.  

Last week, Emily from Jones Design Company, blogged this post, labeled Twirl. There is no way to possibly put in my words what Emily so eloquently put in hers.  Just go and read it. Please.  In my not so eloquent fashion I will tell you this - she reminds us that God wants us to take delight in what He has blessed us with and He in turn takes delight in seeing us so happy.

He wants us to twirl.  

I want to twirl.  But more and more, I'm finding that I'm not so much twirling, as i'm spinning like a top out of control.  Running here and there.  Managing a million different tasks for work. Packing lunches, scheduling pick up/drop off, you get it, right?  But still, I want to twirl. 

Have patience with me over the next little while, and pray for me as I pray about this post that wants to be written but my words are still all jumbled up.  It's important for me to get it out, and I will eventually,  but I also know that I need to study the bible more and spend some more time on my knees praying about it. 

In the meantime, I'm going to twirl.

3 comments:

  1. You are the 2nd post I've come across to write about this. I must go over and read it right now before I forget again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is a serious post, but I got so tickled over the coffee cup smelling like pickles and coming out of the un-run dishwasher because I did JUST the same thing a few days ago..couldn't figure out why my coffee cup was stained inside, till after I drank out of it and realized everything in the dishwasher was dirty.gah! Glad to know it's not just me!

    Praying you find the perfect words and keep twirling!

    Heather@Gourmet Meals for Less

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your shared Emily's "Twirl" post! wheeee! I totally believe in twirling. Sometimes I wake up and I'm so happy, I want to clap my hands ... so I do! Right there in bed. (Good thing I live alone, huh?)

    I would never have thought you struggle with your writing; your words always seem to flow in a lighthearted, fun, wonderful way that make your posts such a delight to read.

    ReplyDelete