Sunday, August 22, 2010

Eye Candy

    Yes, that's me in the reflection being a total geek. My stepdaughter would not be amused.         Especially since this is sacred ground to her.  Love this school. Love this town.  Now, i have to tell you, i broke the law on the next 2 pictures.  Ok, not the law per se,  but definitely a rule.  To be fair to ME, i didn't see the sign that said NO PICTURES until i was walking out.  SO...i'm adhering to the rule of "do, then ask forgiveness."

This is the school's design shop that the student's run, and the inventory is the students' portfolio work.  


But seriously...how can you look at this picture and NOT want to climb into your monitor? This was such a great shop with so much to see.  Very 'anthropology-ish'.  And i was diggin' it.  I didn't want to leave.  All of this eye candy.  I saw at least 2 paintings that i could have walked out of there with, definitely wanted some of the sparkly handmade jewelry in the case - all one of kind made by the students.  And books.  LOTS of books on design, Savannah, coastal towns, home decor, art. sigh.


I'm telling you, I cannot wait to go back to Savannah.  I love this town.  I love the inspiration I get here. I love the feeling that time may not stop, but it definitely slows down to a manageable pace.  Look at these pillows.  Look at the front one with the cow.  I WANT THAT DAMN COW PILLOW.  Look at what they have them displayed in - I want this crib thing.  I want it all.


Please go to Savannah.  Please go and support this shop.  The students would appreciate it.  And if you can, stuff me into your suitcase when you go.  I don't take up much room.  I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Every time I go to Atlanta to see my sis, we talk about driving to Savannah. One of these trips, we are going to make it happen. When we do, I am going here for sure {and Paula Deans restaurant!}! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye candy everywhere. And you didn't buy anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Oh I so long to be a real Southern girl visiting all of these places! I just have to live vicariously through all of you. :-) Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog today and I am going to email you about a little idea rolling around in my head!
    Vanessa
    http://southerninmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete