Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Catching up - as if THAT will ever happen.

But a girl can dream, right?

Right now, i'm sitting in my breakfast nook staring at moving boxes that need unpacking (yes, still...), paint cans and paint drop cloths in.every.room.  My entire kitchen bar (and it's a long one) is covered with a flashlight, a cordless drill, 3 different boxes of drill bits and picture hanging pieces.  What else...oh yes, wall putty, painter's tape, 2 bottles of Method cleaner, a tape measure, one spray paint can and my NOLA saints baseball cap.  Oh, and my new yankee candle. Because dear friends, what says "I have an organized home" if you don't have a new yankee candle sitting in the middle of that mess??!?

I promise that I will post pictures of the progress soon - and we have made some progress this week.  The "walking on the sun"  yellow walls (and avocado and coral walls too) have almost all been painted in icy blues and sandy creams.  My dad is installing an IKEA butcher block countertop over my washer and dryer today, and replacing some wire shelving in the laundry room with remnants from the countertop where we cut it down.  I put the cutest contact paper down in the kitchen drawers too - so you'll get this one stupid picture soon of the inside of my drawers. HA!

We did not have ONE thing broken in the move - i am still  in shock. NOTHING.  That's never happened before.   

Have a great week, i'll be back over the weekend with pics to share - and if it's not too much to ask, pray for my new neighbors - the day we moved in, he moved his mom home from the hospital so that she could receive hospice care and she passed yesterday.  They have been so sweet to us even in the midst of everything going on in their life this week.  If you could keep them in your prayers, i know they would appreciate it.


XOXO
S

1 comment:

  1. The new home! I so remember the tools being everywhere when I first moved in. lol! You're on your way; keep telling yourself "this is temporary." Although when you own a home, there's always something to do.

    Prayers for your neighbors. My their mom find peace and grace in *her* new home.

    ReplyDelete