Monday, March 29, 2010

The post about running away from my old blog.

Yes.  I confess. I ran away from my old blog.  Without nary a peep to my followers.  Is nary even spelled right? I hail from the south and we use "nary" a lot but i don't think i've ever put it on paper (or screen) before.  Oh well, there i go "digressing" again.  Back to the story.

I don't know if you could even call it really running away when i didn't delete the old one ( I have a lot of funny kids stories on there and a few about Vance that i really want to keep and haven't moved anywhere to save yet) AND I kept the blog name. I only changed the URL.

Here's the short version of the "why" - i felt a very strong conviction from God that i needed to let.it.go.  "IT" being a lot of anger that I was still carrying around post divorce. WAY post divorce.  And it was like a poison y'all. Anytime the kids' dad did the smallest thing, I could go straight to those archives and relive past arguments and just forget everything good that has happened to us since.  You won't see a lot of chatter about any of that here. 

It's funny, because as soon as i finished creating the new blog, I signed into Proverbs 31 ministry's website to read my daily devotion and I had to laugh.  The devotion was all bout "Do-overs" - and really, who can't use a good "Do-over" every once in awhile?  Yesterday's devotion scripture was based on this verse:

"'Then neither do I condemn you,' Jesus declared. 'Go now and leave your life of sin.'" John 8:11 (NIV)

Luann Prater - yesterday's author goes on to say this:
Have you ever wished for a do-over in life? I have. I've been that woman who had no hope. I'm a witness: Jesus is the master of second chances. Throughout the Bible He not only raised the physically dead, He resurrected the spiritually and emotionally dead as well. 

 - so this my friends is my "Do - Over".

 Happy Monday :)

1 comment:

  1. Like you...you are honest and I like that! The world of blogging is fun I am glad you have "redone" yours and your family is beautiful! God really is so good! So glad to meet you, glad you visited my little beginners blog! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete